Tuesday, April 28, 2015

RELATION "ONE WORD"

There is an estimated 1,025,109.8 words in the English language, according to the Global Language Monitor in 2014. In this senior English class I am a part of, I was asked to pick one word for this "one word" assignment. This word was supposed to be of importance to us. It could have been a reflective word for ourselves or our senior year. This "one word" could be something of value to us for any reason. I am sure that in this class of seniors, I could not even come close to realizing the reasons people chose these words. I chose, for my "one word," "relation."

I want a better RELATION with the God that created me. I want to do whatsoever He would bid me do! The devil, we fight daily, throws, with pleasure, upon us these little whimsical desires that, if we gave in, would: pull us form God; distract us from His will; spiritually blind us from what God has for us and from what is right or wrong. Why, in any aspect, would I do the will of someone who hates my guts and wants to steal, kill, and destroy from me? I have a God that would stop the sun for my feeble existence of a man. ME!

I have a God that created every beautiful thing around us. He created all of these beautiful things and us, even the unbelievers, for our pleasure. I have a RELATION with my Lord, but any relation with Him is too far away. I want to be as close to Him as I possibly can, on this gorgeous creation of Earth that we live in. I cannot wait to see my Lord  and Savior face-to-face some glorious day. Oh, the joy and excitement of that moment. I know that without a RELATION, I won't get there, in the least.

The part of RELATION that really speaks out to me, in my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus, is that a RELATION is two-sided. God loves me more than anything, but until I can truly love him with everything He's given me, it is not even a RELATIONSHIP. RELATIONS, where do yours lie? There is only one can get us anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment